THE STORY OF GUITAR HEROES
Sunday, 11th February, 2018 at 7:30 pm| £18.00
“If you like live music and guitars you will LOVE this show!”
Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Hank Marvin, Brian May and Slash are just some of the outstanding guitar heroes you will have chance to experience in one amazing show!
This outstanding live concert style ‘rockumentry’ will be performed by one extraordinarily talented renowned musician: Phil Walker, and backed by his exceptional band.
With over 20 guitars used on stage, Phil and his band will accurately recreate the sound and ambiance of each guitar hero taking you on a journey through the decades from when the first legends of the Rock ‘n’ Roll era began in the 1950’s, through to the most creative and inspirational modern guitar heroes of today.
Whatever kind of music you listen to, from rock to pop, from folk to reggae, they all have one thing in common: the guitar. Whether it’s electric or acoustic, there’s no other instrument that can boast that it’s been the catalyst for so many new ideas, and that it’s been at the heart of so many revolutions not only in music, but also in culture and society. The Story Of Guitar Heroes highlights many of the prolific artistes that have made this happen.
Also offering the very latest in video screen technology and much more to get your heart racing!
This awe inspiring show not only appeals to all those budding guitar heroes out there, but to music lovers of all ages.
“If you like live music and guitars… you will LOVE this show!”
Unique Backstage Experience for Aspiring Musicians
As a bonus, The Story of Guitar Hero team, in partnership with Thwaites Empire Theatre, are offering 20 ticket holders the chance for a backstage tour with the cast of the show.
– The backstage experience will begin at 5pm at Thwaites Empire Theatre on the day of the show – Sunday 11th February – and runs for 45 minutes. Please be aware The Story of Guitar Heroes show does not start until 7.30pm later that evening.
– Two key members of the cast, Phil Walker and Toby James, will welcome back stagers and demonstrate a sound check.
– Cast will perform one song
– Phil and Toby will talk about their careers, the music industry, how to become a professional musician, sound and equipment.
– Back stagers will be invited onto the stage to look at the equipment and ask any questions.
– Theatre and back stage guided tour with the theatre’s chairman Michael Berry.
To be a part of the Backstage Experience, simply buy a ticket for the Story of Guitar Heroes show, and register your place via email or phone.
Please be aware the Backstage Experience is limited to 20 ticket holders, and the experience is first come first served basis. Buy your ticket and register quickly to avoid disappointment.
Please email your full name and ticket seat number to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01254 685 500.